• Chicago's warmest July in 57 years
• U.S. News: Have the conservative Koch brothers changed their minds about climate change?
DOESN'T MAKE FART NOISES. The Obama campaign has launched a smartphone app that includes information on voter identification laws across the country.
• New Romney app to give users first word of vice-presidential choice
'BLAME THEM ALL, EACH AND EVERY ONE.' Mark Brown in the Sun-Times on how to solve the biggest problem Illinois lawmakers face.
• Tribune editorial: "A symbolic stab ... won't fool the ratings agencies"
• Chicago's budget hole shrinks, still huge
• Submit your ideas online for balancing the city's budget