* Posts that asked questions or sought user input: +64%2. What works on Twitter? Twitter's 2012 study of the most successful journalists on the Web came up with these recommendations:
* Call to read or take a closer look: +37%
* Personal reflections or behind-the-scenes posts: +25%
* Posts with catchy/clever language or tone: +18%
* Tweet content related to your beat; live-tweet.See also Twitter for Newsrooms and follow @TwitterForNews.
* Use hashtags for context and @cite your sources.
* Share what you're reading with your Twitter followers.
* Use the Retweet button to curate.
3. How to fuel your Facebook and Twitter feeds:
* Sign up for Google Alerts on the subject of your choice.
* Monitor subjects of your choice by following experts in the field on Twitter. Then monitor their tweets using smartphone apps like Zite.
the night President Obama announced the death of Osama bin Laden.
Get these posts by email. Sign up in the upper righthand corner.